Saturday 26 January 2013

Musical Interests

I have always been interested in music, in primary school I used to sing and play the flute which I don't think many people know about me... My main love from music is piano music! I don't know about you but I find it amazing! If my fingers were a tad longer I would of loved to have learnt how to play. We have a piano at my Grandma's house which only gets used sadly when my uncle visits from Scotland and he manages to play some fantastic pieces on it. My brother used to play the violin, it sounded amazing! Now he plays the guitar, he can pick anything up and play it like he has been learning it for the past 10 years, its boggling. I may attempt to play the flute again, although it will probably sound like a air bag as I have lost my touch now.. Oh well, worth a try isn't it!? 


Plumb
The music industry at the moment is full of people like Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga, don't get me wrong they can produce some great pieces of music, but for me it's the deeper darker songs that mean the most. My most listened to song is by Plumb - Cut. I don't know why I like it so much, my friend Sarah complains it's too depressing, but there is something about the song that's happy too? Listen and find your own opinion of it? The best songs are ones that mean something and the ones that you can relate to! They bring a smile to your face when you need it, you can close your eyes and sing through the words in your head (or a bit of shower singing if your quite the performer?)... The Power of Love anyone? That is another song that just sends a shiver down my spine, I can go for the dramatic love songs, with meaning and power, although I am also known so dabble in the notes of Evanescence or Hollywood Undead! When it comes to music for me I am an open book, as long as I like the song I don't care who it is by.

No comments:

Post a Comment