Saturday 16 March 2013

League Final!

Burton Ladies 3's
LONG time no post! For this I am ashamed with myself.. I wanted to talk about my experience today... I had one of the most important hockey games so far in my life! It might not seem like an interesting topic, but for me it is something that I love. For this past season (autumn to spring) I have been playing every (sort of) Saturday in a league table.. My team this year was almost new! We had 6 people leave us last year and we gained another 6 and a couple more this year! With a fresh team we managed to storm through out matches and to start with we manages to reach over 10 goals each match! Over Christmas we had a break and got back into it again and we were always winning. Our biggest games were against a team called Stavely.. they have always been strong players! Our first match against them was hard but we managed to keep our winning streak! Although after that game it was soon clear to us that they were going to be our toughest opponents... Today my readers was the final of the league and we were against Stavely!! We all walked onto the pitch knowing we had to draw or win the game to be crowned true champions of the league and to be promoted next season! The first half was nail biting I tell you, although we managed to keep the ball 85% of the time they got a few close shots on goal... although we leveled out the score at 0-0 the first half... We came back on the pitch for the second half truly determined! Our end result was 4-0 and honestly the most dramatic game I have ever played! There were so many supporters and everytime we got near the goal people were screaming at us! The players who scored were truly perfecto in their shots! I am lucky to be part of such a lovely group of people and some of my closest friends are among the team! Each time I play I get to spend some time with some truly hilarigoose! I was also lucky enough to be chosen for MOTM (or lady of the match)! If any of you readers out there want to try a new sport then I personally think you should go for it, joining my hockey club 8 years ago was the best thing I have ever done and it is something I will always stick with! Thank you for reading! Well done Burton Ladies for todays win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment